If you answer “YES” to any of the following then you will have to complete a tax return for the tax year 6 April 2011 to 5 April 2012.
- Were you self-employed or a partner in a business at any time in the year?
- Were you a company director?
- Did you receive income over £100,000?
- Did you receive more than £10,000 in savings and/or investment income?
- Did you receive income from letting out a property?
- Did you receive foreign income liable to UK tax?
- Are you an employee claiming expenses or professional subscriptions of £2500 or more?
If you answered “YES” to any of the above you need to complete a self-assessment if you would like professional help with this give us a call on 01429 266140. We offer a free no obligation initial consultancy.